Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Alfie's 100 Word Challenge - Week 1

I left the Kayak, heading inland towards the sacred temple of Ramses II. Creeping silently towards the cave where the entrance was hidden, I looked into the pitch blackness, suddenly I heard a crack. I quickly span around to see a tribe of warriors charging, cursing me in foreign languages. I ran like the wind, they were blocking my way to the kayak. I ran further and further into he forest. Suddenly I heard the flowing of water, and I quickly changed direction to the sound. There I was, standing on the banks of the river, I was trapped, they came closer, closer and closer.....

14 comments:

  1. Great writing Alfie. I can spot the place where you began a sentence with a verb and and adverb. Just check where you might want to use a full stop instead of a comma in places. You have super ideas using some great vocabulary. Perhaps now begin to work on a range of punctuation in your work.
    Mrs Prior

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool story Alfie i really liked the cliff hanging end, GREAT STORY

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Alfie great story i like the bit where he
    ran into the cave with people chasing him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's really good story! But where was he heading on the kayak at the start of the story! I really liked the bit that said:... I was trapped,they came closer, closer and closer.....
    Beth :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!! Good story. I like the ending i was trapped, they came closer closer, closer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done 10/10 !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME WANT TO KNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great 100wc, I like the end, they came closer, closer, closer...
    Great cliff hanger!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicola (Team 100WC)8 September 2013 at 03:07

    What a thriller of a story Alfie! I particularly liked how you left us all in suspense at the end. A great 100WC. Well done.
    Nicola (Team 100WC)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great writing, Alfie.
    Well constructed and built up, leading to a great cliffhanger.
    Lots of great details and sentence starts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great work Alfie from Louis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alfie A-MA-ZING story!!! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVE this story WOOOOOOOOW i need to know what happens next you should a sequel to it ARGH. You need to write a sequel it would be brill.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowa! Spooky ending. I felt like I was there myself, very good detail and description.

    Sam G Y7

    ReplyDelete