Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Pav's 100 Word Challenge - Week 23

...I carried on. My dagger by my side, my bow in hand. This arena was brutal. The sun was blazing down on my cracked, dry skin. Pushing through the ground a worm appeared. I grasped it's cold body, hovered it over my mouth and let go. The small burst of liquid gave me a  miniscule amount of energy.
A silhouette appeared out of no-where bearing a large axe.  It approched and I realised it was the man from district 3. The axe looked evil, it had a black skeleton body and was sharp as the devils claws. Using my last bit of energy I threw the dagger.  It sploged itself in his chest leaving a trail of blood.

2 comments:

  1. wow Pav your 100 word challenge is good because you use good words like brutal and blazing. When your older I think you should be a a proper writer.But what dose silhouette mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Pav. I love the Hunger Games theme of your writing this week. It felt almost as if I was watching a scene from the film. I love how the prompt is just a small part of a much bigger plot. Not sure about eating the worm though! Yuk!
    Well done. Just remember those apostrophes for possession - devil's claws.

    ReplyDelete