Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

Lillie's 100 Word Challenge - Week #28

“But I thought I had enough time!” I scream in horror.

Sitting on the cold, hard ground next to a bubbling acid pool staring at a sinking

skeleton, my 16 month old brother.

“WHY!?”

My tears drop into the acid making hissing noises. I stand up and look at my

surroundings: black sky with green ghosts dotted around in the sky, hard, cold,

flat ground with no houses in sight and acid pools everywhere.

“WOOF”

“Jack!” I scream with hope.

I run as fast as my feet can take me. Jack, my dog, is running around my half-
dead parents.

“You got too overwhelmed with the power, you forgot about the bomb, I

love…” My parents say in sync with their last breath.

I fall to the ground.

“Noooo!”

1 comment:

  1. What a sad ending! This is like a scene from a film Lillie. I can almost see it playing in my head as I read your words. Just one sentence that maybe needs checking: ...: black sky with green ghosts dotted around in the sky, hard, cold, flat ground.....' Can you think what it needs?
    A great story - you have a very vivid imagination. Well done.

    ReplyDelete