Pages

Friday 9 May 2014

Sam wins a Bookfest Prize

Well done to Sam who was one of only four children out of over one thousand to win a poetry competition run by Bookfest Book Awards.
 Sam's poem based on Jim Smith's book 'I am still not a loser by Barry Loser' made the judges laugh. 
 We are all very proud of him and it was lovely to see him go up on stage at the awards ceremony at St Chad's church.
 Jim Smith was at the ceremony to hear Sam's poem being read out loud by the poet Sarah Jane Arbury.

 Here is Sam's poem...


Barry Loser

My name is Barry Loser, 
My life is just the worst.
Hodge Podge my head teacher
Always picks me first.

And if you think that is bad
You haven't heard the worst yet.
When Hodge Podge always picks me
I get called teacher's pet.

Now Bunkey, he is funny
And he's also my best friend.
I hope that he will be
Around until the very end.

Another problem I have got
Is all to do with my Granny.
She is dating Hodge Podge
And everyone thinks it's funny.

My name is Barry Loser
My life is just the worst.
And if you feel like I do,
Well at least you're not the first. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Well done Sam, you're definitely a deserving winner!

    ReplyDelete